Monday, June 15, 2009

It's ODD.

I went to taco bell for lunch a couple weeks ago (yes I do that) and saw the strangest thing. Just ahead of me, four older women were dropped off by a van at this taco bell. All four of them were in pretty bad shape. Three of them were obese, and the other was overweight. Three of the four of them were using walkers, the kind that have four wheels so you never have to pick them up, and they’ve got little baskets on them so you… well, I guess you just always have a basket. I’m sure that’s handy.

Whatever.

Fat people at Taco Bell, of course, is not a shock. What struck me is odd is how old these women were. The youngest, who was also the most rotund, had to have been fifty-five, and the oldest had to have been seventy-five, no sweat.

And, again, three out of the four of them had walkers. These ol’ gals were not in the greatest shape.

I mean, that’s old, right? Old for Taco Bell? Isn’t taco bell something that you eat when you’re young and reckless and broke? At some point, don’t you just have to say, “okay, I have to stop eating taco bell”? I plan to. Really, there’s your health to consider, and then, don’t you just think old folk learn to eat other things besides the Bell? I’ve always thought so, if for no other reason than—well, just look around you the next time you’re at a fast food joint. How many old people do you see?

There you go. It’s ODD.

No comments:

Post a Comment